Whatever you do this Carnival season, don’t go without King Cake! Try this quick and easy recipe. So what if it takes a few liberties…the important thing is to have cake!
Makes 8 servings.
1 can cinnamon rolls (with 8 rolls)
½ cup powdered sugar
1 ½ teaspoons milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon each purple, green and gold sugar sprinkles
Mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll 2 cinnamon rolls and place side by side.
- Twist rolls together, and then form a circle.
- Repeat for remaining dough.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour icing over warm cakes and top with sugar sprinkles.