Your health and safety are most important. The following are everyday preventive steps you can take:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect things you touch often, like doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, tables, countertops, toilets and sinks.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and immediately put the tissue in the trash.
- If possible, stay home when you feel sick.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention