If you’re enrolled in a Peoples Health special needs plan, you may qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, which helps lower the cost of internet service and computer equipment for eligible households.
The program was created by the Federal Communications Commission and provides:
- A discount of up to $30 per month for broadband service
- A discount of up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer or tablet purchased through a participating provider when the household contributes more than
$10 but less than $50 toward the purchase price
Guidelines to Qualify
Your annual household income must be below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or a member of your household must meet at least one of the requirements listed at www.fcc.gov/acp. These include participation in an assistance program or being a current recipient of a federal Pell Grant.
Steps to Enroll
1. Go to www.affordableconnectivity.gov to apply and find participating providers; you can apply online or print out an application to mail in.
2. Contact a participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
For More Information
Visit www.fcc.gov/acp, or call 1-877-384-2575.